Basic Function: Responsible for supporting safe, proper shuttle operations through scheduling, employee communication, and shift management.
- Schedule vehicles and drivers for fixed route service; cover open shifts on short notice when necessary.
- Working knowledge of basic office equipment, such as phone, fax, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products - Word and Excel.
- Responsible for being at work every scheduled day, on time and in uniform.
- Courteously assist customers and employees alike by answering any questions they may have. If necessary, direct the customer to the Facility Manager for further assistance.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Facility Manager.
- Facilitate monthly driver meetings, company training requirements, and changes to daily operating procedures as necessary. Have a thorough knowledge of all areas of field operations, thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the service area.
- Assist Facility Managers with other duties as needed.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education Required: High School Degree or equivalent.
Experience/Knowledge: Prior knowledge or experience with shuttle or other dispatched transportation operations, scheduling, employee management preferred.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required.
License Requirement: The individual will be required to have and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend, write, speak and communicate all aspects of job related information in English. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers and other employees of the company.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract. Ability to understand and adhere to Hours of Service regulations, including frequent calculations involving quarter hours.
Appearance: Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to change frequently between a sitting and standing position The employee is required to reach and grasp with hands and arms and talk or hear using a phone or two-way radio.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website