Hollywood Park will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being the 70,000-seat SoFi Stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment events year-round. All positions expected to start summer 2020.
Basic Function: To deliver quality customer service, receive payment from customers for parking services, and facilitate the flow of traffic through the gate.
- Arrive at work every scheduled day, on time, and in a neat and clean uniform.
- Assist customers by answering any questions they may have in a courteous manner.
- Direct incoming customers to available parking spaces.
- Count vehicles on location throughout shift, as needed.
- Write and issue warnings to tenants and visitors that violate garage policies.
- Patrol transient and reserved parking levels on foot or in customized motor carts, if applicable.
- Provide assistance to customers that have forgotten where they parked their vehicle.
- Give directions and be knowledgeable of surroundings to inform customers of various locations in the city.
- Control traffic at entrances and exits, as needed.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards, or any unusual occurrence to the Facility or Senior Manager.
- Communicate debris, water, oil spills, etc. to Facility or Senior Manager.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks, and freeways in the area of the lot.
- Ensure successful customer interactions.
- Count “bank” money at the beginning of the shift to verify starting total.
- Collect cash and/or coupons and maintain security of cash.
- Make change and issue receipts or tickets to customers for each transaction.
- Verify shift transactions against money on hand and complete cashier shift report.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience Required: Less than high school education or one month related experience, training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift, and/or week-ends may be required.
License Requirement: The individual will only be required to have and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license, with a current address and acceptable driving record, if the individual is expected to be able to drive a company vehicle or drive on company business.
Language Skills: Individual should have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, write short correspondence and memos. Additionally, the applicant should have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
Mathematical Skills: Individual should have the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This includes the ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
Appearance: Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle cash and equipment. The employee is required to work outside in varying weather conditions (cold, rain, snow, harsh, hot, humid).
The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website