SP+ is an industry leader for parking and traffic operations. The Facility Manager- Special Events will be responsible for ensuring fans have an excellent experience getting to and from events held at SoFi Stadium. The Facility Manager - Special Events will be responsible for: hiring, training, scheduling and supervising a vast pool of frontline employees to handle parking and traffic operations during events, general accounting duties and administrative tasks for the location. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience, be a self starter and be customer service oriented. Previous parking experience is a plus but not required.
Hollywood Park will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat SoFi Stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
- Hiring and maintaining a vast labor pool of frontline employees and providing them with the appropriate training and tools to perform at their best.
- Supervise the quality of work for all employees to ensure that all work tasks and assignments are performed efficiently, effectively, and as required.
- Ensure that all appropriate facilities are open and closed at the specified times.
- Supervise safe handling of cash and the timely deposit of cash for all locations within the event venue.
- Ensure that proper parking, security, and all employees are following cash control and customer service procedures.
- Handle all personnel issues and paperwork for hiring, termination, progressive disciplinary and training of support staff.
- Supervise training of all employees. Uphold all company policies and procedures as stated in the employee handbook.
- Ensure the prompt completion of daily paperwork for all locations within the portfolio.
- Fill shift vacancies occurring during normal operating hours as a result of employees calling in sick or failing to report as scheduled.
- Supervise special events or functions as they relate to the parking facility in order to ensure that incoming customers are served efficiently and properly.
- Monitor maintenance of the facility to ensure that it is clean and maintained according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that a bank deposit is prepared by counting the event cashier money and reviewing paperwork to ensure that all event revenues are accounted for and deposited into the facility's bank account.
- Monitor office audits of cashier reports to ensure that proper sales totals are reported and recorded on time and to maintain security vigilance over possible employee theft and/or inefficiencies.
- Handle general accounting duties such as accounts payable, payroll, petty cash, and budgeting.
- Monitor and review all damage claims in order to assign responsibility for damages. Recommend and implement plans or programs to improve safety of operations to prevent the occurrence or reoccurrence of similar claims.
- Create, review and submit Event Summary to client.
- Compile all After Action Reports and submit to Senior Manager for review.
- Respond to customer service issues and resolve on the spot. Maintain order in assigned lot.
- Maintain relationships with police department and security personnel.
- Supervise employees and serve as liaison between employees and upper management.
- Count vehicles on location throughout shift, as needed.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance and arrive and remain in complete uniform before and during scheduled shifts.
- Report any unknown, observed or suspected violation of company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the managers.
- Troubleshoot issues with revenue control equipment.
- Completing daily inspections of the facility and other required documentation.
- Assist with cleanup of debris, water, oil spills and etc.
- Substitute for any position, if necessary.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all areas of the venue, thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- Minimal high school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior supervisory/managerial experience in parking preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but standard written or oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively respond positively to customer problems or complaints.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events
- License Requirement: Must possess a valid state-issued driver's license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
Availability to Work
Special shift requirements will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required.
The employee is required to stand for extended periods of time outside in varying weather conditions (cold, rainy, snowy, harsh, hot, humid).
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website