Job Function – Responsible for overseeing the maintenance operations in assigned portfolio as well as develop and close new business opportunities for SP+ Facility Maintenance (a service line of SP+ Corporation).
- Direct and manage routine cleaning, maintenance and repair, including power washing, slurring, restriping, sweeping and commercial painting.
- Work with the on-site manager to prepare maintenance and cleaning schedules; assign, perform, and supervise the work product.
- Walk prospective maintenance jobs and submit timely proposals.
- Oversee daily functions of the maintenance staff employees to ensure quality and timely completion of daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance and cleaning projects.
- Conduct daily inspects on cleaning, maintenance and repair projects to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Be on-site as needed during special projects and seasonal maintenance projects.
- Coordinate work with the on-site manager to manage building operations maintenance contracts and related preventive maintenance schedules and inspections.
- Ensure compliance for environmental standards and corporate governance.
- Prospect, propose, present and close new business opportunities
- Prepare of proposals and RFP responses
- Establish and manage relationships within business associations/trade organizations, as well as with real estate and property management entities
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, college degree preferred
- Prior supervisory experience in maintenance or related field.
- Prior experience ensuring employer is compliant with federal (EPA Clean Water Act of 1977) and local laws and regulations, particularly in the area of water pollution preferred.
- Individual with strong work ethic.
- Strong supervisory and multi-tasking skills are a necessity.
- Prior direct sales & new business development experience, including proposal generation.
- Superior interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent Written and Presentation skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform and supervise maintenance services with “hands-on” approach, including providing the service, general repair, mechanical and cleaning maintenance.
License Requirement: Have and maintain a valid state driver's license with a current address. Ability to drive a manual transmission is also required.
Physical demands: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, climb and balance. The employee is also required to use arms and hands to reach and handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website