SCOPE OF POSITION
The Proposals Specialist supports business development and sales activities, primarily by writing and coordinating proposal efforts. This role also collaborates with field operations and other Proposal Support Office team members to edit and draft proposal content describing the company's value proposition, market position, and competitive advantages.
- Read and thoroughly review RFP/RFQ requirements.
- Establish and maintain proposal outline and proposal shell for operations to follow, ensuring compliance with all RFP/RFQ requirements.
- Author, proofread, edit, and format proposal content.
- Check drafts for consistency, clarity, and appropriateness of the material.
- Eliminate inconsistencies in format or voice, typos, and grammatical and spelling mistakes.
- Ensure all proposals maintain brand integrity among SP+ service lines.
- Collaborate with operations to determine the most appropriate brand.
- Develop creative customized client proposal material, which will include adapting existing data, boilerplate, field and specific operations written materials into a cohesive proposal.
- Develop effective methods for presenting and organizing information within proposals, such as the use of tables, graphics, and boilerplate while maintaining brand integrity.
- Collaborate with other Proposal Support Office team members and Marketing / Graphic Design on client appropriate proposal images.
- Coordinate acquisition of bid forms from Legal, HR, Risk Management, etc.
- Assemble, print, bind, and ship proposals.
- Assist with developing client PowerPoint presentations and supplemental documents as needed.
- Understand internal deal approval processes and authority levels for deals.
- Maintain equipment, stock of proposal supplies, and other proposal collateral.
- Four year college degree, in English, business communications, journalism, marketing or related.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional business writing experience (proposals, marketing materials, presentation slides and other related documents).
- Strong verbal and written communication, proofreading/editing and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions, as needed.
- Ability to work both independently and to develop relationships with other departments, subject matter experts, and operations teams across a large geographic footprint.
- Parking industry experience a plus, but not required.
- Proficient in word processing and electronic publishing programs; Word, Excel, Creative Suite, PowerPoint and Salesforce.com preferred.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Apply on company website