Job Opportunity Job ID: 32930 Positions Location: Carson City, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: The Description:
Positions Location: Carson City, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to; obtaining quality diagnostic ultrasound images and providing a written description of the exam to radiologists. Provides ultrasound guidance for biopsies and cyst drainage procedures as ordered by physicians.
- Serves as a resource and provides training for student sonographers.
- Provides other functions that may need to be assigned.
- Abides by Carson City Hospital\u2019s Behavioral Standards.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and HIPAA Standards.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Maintains communication with physician\u2019s offices, radiologist, dept manager and staff..
- Maintains communication with patient on any delays in their exam.
- Understands and is able to use the telephone, including transferring calls.
- Coordinates patient exams with other sonographers and performs exams to established protocols.
- Reports to Lead Sonographer
- Coordinates ultrasound exams with other imaging modalities.
- Obtains quality images as outlined in protocols, and submits them to the radiologist for interpretation
- Properly annotates images, noting areas of interest.
- Provides ultrasound guidance during biopsies and aspirations.
- Understands and is able to contact the on-call radiologist or on-call service.
- Understands and is able to send images to PACS
- Understands and is able to scan patient documentation into PACS.
- Understands and is able to correctly identify charge codes and place exam orders through HMS.
- Understands and is able to place orders for supplies in HMS.
- Is able to assess the patient\u2019s needs for transportation and imaging.
- Understands and is able to use office machines
- Understands and is able to use the ultrasound machine to obtain images.
- Understands and is able to contact service for the ultrasound machine.
- Understands and maintains the infection prevention and control policies established by the hospital.
- Understands and maintains the isolation techniques established by the hospital.
- Follows hand hygiene policies and utilizes personal protective equipment as required.
- Understands and practices body mechanics to lift and assist patients.
- Understands and responds to Emergency Codes.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Service/Support/Skilled Maintenance Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Carson City Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website