Job Opportunity Job ID: 15271 Positions Location: East Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: East Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Supervisor, the lifeguard is responsible for the safety and welfare of all participants in the pool area and on the pool deck. Further, he/she is to provide assistance to all patrons, as well as communicate the aquatics rules and regulations.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Provide proper safety for all patrons.
- Use preventative lifeguard skills by enforcing the established pool rules and guidelines provided by the Aquatics Department.
- Maintain a kind, helpful and polite approach toward all patrons.
- Attend and complete all training sessions.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the pool area, including but not restricted to rescue equipment, the deck and the aquatics office.
- Keep accurate, up-to-date pool attendance.
- Test the pool chemicals as required.
- Fill out schedule request.
- Find a substitute for any shift for which you are scheduled but unable to work.
- Assist in the preparation of pool and tennis domes each season.
- Assist in special events, overnights and other activities as assigned.
- Support operations by appropriately representing the MAC in all forums and by demonstrating commitment to MAC philosophy, mission, goals, policies and procedures.
The MAC will be holding a Lifeguard Certification class. The next class is Friday August 28th - Sunday August 30th from 9:00AM to 7:00PM. Extra time is planned to rotate groups to allow for social distancing, proper disinfecting, and breaks.
To reserve your spot please call the MAC at 517-364-8888
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Service/Support/Skilled Maintenance Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Per Diem Facility Michigan Athletic Club Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website