Job Opportunity Job ID: 31880 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Responsible for Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for organizing and managing patients of Trauma Services utilizing Sparrow Hospital under the clinical guidance and supervision of the Trauma Attending Surgeons. The midlevel provider maximizes efficiency of the trauma service clinical operations, and quality by following evidence based protocols and guidelines in caring for trauma patients.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Assesses, plans, and evaluates clinical care of trauma patients in collaboration with trauma surgeons.
- Accurately and concisely reports verbally and in the medical record patient-oriented documentation.
- Collaborates with entire team to plan and coordinate care of trauma patients and their families, including, but not limited to trauma surgeons, surgical residents, fellows, nurses, pharmacists, PT, OT, ST, dietitians, and other medical and surgical physician subspecialists.
- Orders diagnostic studies, therapeutic measures, and medications in collaboration with attending physician.
- Follows trauma services protocols, policies, and guidelines in caring for trauma patients.
- Supports the performance improvement, research, and education initiatives of the trauma service.
- Participates in staff, patient, and family education.
- Obtains and maintains competency in trauma care.
- Serves as a role model for residents and students on the trauma service.
- Supports trauma services in maintaining ACS verification, as well as MTQIP and TQIP initiatives.
- Participates in appropriate committees within trauma services, such as Peer Review and Grand Rounds.
Job Requirements General Requirements\u2022 Licensed as a Physician Assistant in the state of Michigan. \u2022 Successful completion of ATLS as a midlevel provider within one year of hire. Work Experience\u2022 Prior experience with trauma patients (Preferred)Education\u2022 Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant ProgramSpecialized Knowledge and Skills\u2022 Clinical knowledge and analytical ability necessary to formulate appropriate patient interventions. \u2022 Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to trauma patients. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care might be gained through education, training, or experience. \u2022 Successful completion of hospital credentialing. \u2022 Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Physicians & Advanced Practice Providers Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level Master's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website