Job Opportunity Job ID: 33415 Certification in Hand Therapy required. Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Evaluate patients, plan treatment programs, and provide occupational therapy interventions in order to maximize the value, potential, and satisfaction of our customers.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Perform occupational therapy evaluations based upon the written prescription of the referring M.D., D.O., D.D.S., or Podiatrist.
- Communicate the treatment plan, goals, and progress toward goals to the patient and/or caregivers.
- Provide occupational therapy interventions according to the established plan.
- Instruct patients and/or caregivers in home programs.
- Perform medical record documentation according to the established criteria.
- Communicate with other health care professionals, including patient referral sources, both verbally and in writing, according to established criteria.
- Delegate appropriately to Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants (COTA\u2019s), Athletic Trainers (ATC\u2019s), Rehab Support staff, and students/interns according to established criteria.
- Supervise the interventions provided by the COTA\u2019s, ATC\u2019s, Rehab Support, and students/interns.
- Re-evaluate patients, modify treatment programs and goals as needed, and make recommendations at the time of discharge.
- Supervise the activities of students and volunteers.
- Cooperate with support staff and other health system departments in order to maximize the efficiency of non-clinical services such as the registering, scheduling, and billing of our patients.
- Seek ways to continually improve the value of our services and maximize our customers\u2019 potential by actively participating in activities such as inservices, staff meetings, team meetings, continuing education courses, and patient conferences.
- Maximize customer satisfaction by treating them with respect and responding to their needs in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner.
Certification in Hand Therapy required.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Master's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website