Job Opportunity Job ID: 28461 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) assists nurses in providing basic care and performs specific procedures with patients. The PCT works under the supervision and direction of an RN.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse, assists with basic nursing care such as patient hygiene, feeding, positioning, turning and transferring.
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse and in accordance with Hospice policies, performs specific procedures such as vital signs, catheter care, skin care, and simple procedures outlined in the plan of care.
- Reports pertinent patient information to the Registered Nurse, as appropriate.
- Communicates significant information and change in patient condition to RN
- Documents care given and patient response in patient record.
- Constructively addresses patient and team issues to insure quality patient care and a collaborative work environment.
- Performs specific patient procedures and treatments according to hospital policies.
- Actively participates as a team member.
- Assists in post-mortem care.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Communicates effectively with Hospice patients, families and staff, meeting their special psycho/social, physical and spiritual needs.
- Adheres to Hospice standards by participating in-services, committees, etc.
- Participates in Hospice fund raising activities.
Completes mandatory in services and mandatory Home Hospice Departmental requirements of 12 hours per year.Job Requirements General Requirements\u2022 Current Michigan CENA license \u2022 Active American Heart Association BLS Certification within 60 days of hire. \u2022 Valid Driver\u2019s License \u2022 Current Proof of Auto Insurance Work Experience\u2022 Minimum one year acute care, long term care of home care nurse aide experience.Education\u2022 High school diploma, GED or successful completion of 12 grades combined with continued enrollment in early college program. \u2022 Successful completion of Acute Care Nursing Assistant Program.Specialized Knowledge and Skills\u2022 Computer literate. \u2022 Interpersonal skills for effective communication. \u2022 Excellent attendance \u2022 Assumes responsibility for ongoing education and completion of mandatory requirements.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Patient Services/Nursing Support Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Part-time Benefit Eligible Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website