Job Opportunity Job ID: 24630 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: To Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
To provide independent expertise for administrative, academic and regulatory compliance to ensure that all graduate medical education accreditation standards are being met as required by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, the American Osteopathic Association, and the American Board of Medical Specialties. To provide administrative and academic support to the program directors and central GME office relative to hospital and residency training requirements. To ensure that the residents and sub-specialty residents are properly licensed, on-boarded and oriented to the policies and procedures of Sparrow Hospital and to their respective residency specialty to ensure quality patient care and safety. To support the residents throughout their training and beyond by performing a variety of duties involving correspondence, reference letters, immigration documentation, oversight of rotation schedules and evaluations, tracking of criteria-based resident clinical privileging, preparation of credentials, and the creation of complex confidential reports.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Serves as the point persons for all resident and sub-specialty resident recruitment activities through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) by screening the applicants and verifying confidential information such as: the medical school curriculum documentation, USMLE and COMLEX exam scores, references, professional and personal experiences, immigration status, etc.
- Coordinates and schedules all residency and/or sub-specialty resident interviews for the program director and teaching faculty, initiating correspondence with the potential candidates, preparing interviewing packets, developing agendas, confirming all travel arrangements, greeting the candidates, entering of the rank order list for the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP), and maintaining residency matching data
- Initiates the creation of resident contracts, program letters of agreement and institutional agreements via the Central GME office, and tracks and ensures that the program director is aware of any pending renewals
- Verifies and maintains the appropriate documentation for all residents relative to their current level of training/education, residency program position, and employment requirements with Sparrow that include: medical licensure, ECFMG certification, immigration status, board specialty exams, specialty training certificates, previous residency training, criteria-based resident clinical privileging, etc.
- Assist the program director in the development and confirmation of resident rotation schedules using the software program New Innovations, ensures completion of all rotational evaluations, assists with payroll, arranges residency meetings/conferences, prepares faculty and resident call schedules, completion of the LMS mandatory learning modules, tracking of resident duty hours, vacations, conferences, and approved leaves of absence while ensuring compliance with current guidelines
- Serve as a liaison between the residency and off-site rotations, affiliated hospitals, medical schools and various other agencies, organizations and groups including but not limited to education commissions, accreditation counsels, licensing organizations and medical specialty boards
- Provides administrative support for the program director and GME Operations Manager specific to budgets, routine residency reports, statistics, and correspondence for the American Board of Medical Specialties, the AOA, and the ACGME and Residency Review Committee
- Collects documentation and provides support for the continuous preparation of the ACGME and AOA site visits inspections to ensure that the proper standards are in place for program re-accreditation
- Coordinates the evaluation process for residents and teaching faculty for each monthly rotation, as well as for the quarterly and annual resident reviews, ensure that the evaluation and feedback documentation is current and maintain in New Innovations
- Manages confidential resident and program data, computerized information systems related to collecting and
- storing program data, generates management reports and documentation, and ensures that all necessary information is provided to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist the program director and the Central GME Office in monitoring and auditing the resident FTE\u2019s for purposes of governmental reimbursement from CMS (the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) for both the Direct and Indirect Medical Education funding of resident education
- Assist with the development of departmental policies, completion of residency survey\u2019s, tracking of resident research projects, and updating of the on-line FRIEDA program via GME Track/National GME Census
- Provides the residents with support throughout their training and beyond, coordinating their payroll, resident orientation coordinating the resident graduation ceremonies, and/or assisting with specialty clinic functions, proctoring residency specific In-Training Exams, etc
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Administrative/Clerical Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Associate Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website