Job Opportunity Job ID: 33939 Positions Location: Charlotte, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: The Description:
Positions Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Food and Nutrition Staff work under direct and indirect supervision, performing various activities and services related to the preparation of and distribution of food and meals for the hospital.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Reviews production sheets and menus to determine type and amount of food to be prepared for breakfast, lunch, dinner and special events when needed.
- Follows recipes to make sure each item is prepared to proper dietary and quality standards, using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Monitors and tastes food being prepared and adjusts ingredients or seasoning to improve flavor. Also, responsible for maintaining appropriate temperatures for all food prepared and served.
- Monitors and documents temperatures of refrigerators, coolers, freezers, dish machine, and food.
- Monitors and documents PPM level of 3 compartment sink.
- Prepares and serves hot food for patient meals and cafeteria. Uses portion control by using appropriate serving utensils.
- Works with EPIC and printed diet orders to make sure each patient is receiving their proper diet during meal periods.
- Round on patients to obtain daily meal orders
- Takes patient room service orders over the phone or in-person.
- Works on patient tray line setting up trays, checking for accuracy and quality of items.
- Prepares and/or assembles: hot and cold entr\u00E9es, sides, sandwiches, beverages, desserts, etc. for patient trays. Prepare Caf\u00E9 items.
- Deliver patient meals and nourishments.
- Inventory and stocks departmental pantries and nursing units.
- Practices proper food storage in all areas of the kitchen.
- Checks, rotates, and stores stock.
- Adheres to sanitation/infection control practices.
- Assists in ordering food and supplies. Assists with storage of food and supply deliveries.
- Communicates professionally and courteously with co-workers and the public.
- Attends and participates in department in-services and scheduled mandatory meetings.
- Prepares hot food for catered events and special functions, as well as set up and cleanup of the event.
- Follow proper phone etiquette
- Must be able to prepare items for general and modified diets for patients.
- Operates dish machine and washes dishes in three compartment sink. Stores all dishware in designated areas.
- Operates cash register and assists with customer service.
- Completes all cleaning tasks according to cleaning schedule and other cleaning tasks assigned.
- Performs related duties as assigned by FANS Leadership.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Service/Support/Skilled Maintenance Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Eaton Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website