Job Opportunity Job ID: 27996 24hrs/week, Day Shift, Mon-Fri Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Performs occupational therapy services under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist. Keeps treatment skills updated through continuing education, evidence based research and program development. Performs job responsibilities in accordance with the program\u2019s strategic objectives and goals to carry out organizational strategic objectives.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Provide prescribed occupational therapy treatment to patients under the supervision of the occupational therapist. Such areas of treatment include range of motion, strength, tone, modalities, therapeutic exercise, assistive devices, and functional activities.
- Employ principles of teaching and learning to educate patients and their families in the knowledge and skills that promote functional restoration.
- Document all care given, and the patient response in the patient\u2019s medical record.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient\u2019s care, rehabilitation programs, and related rehabilitation activities.
- Maintain professional standards by participating in inservices and hospital/department requirements.
- Delegates, directs, and supervises implementation of care to occupational therapy students and rehab support staff
- Act as a resource to other disciplines in proper body mechanics, positioning techniques, ADL techniques and transfer techniques.
- Provides verbal and/or written feedback to the occupational therapist regarding all significant observations or changes in the patient\u2019s condition, reaction and response to treatment.
- Assists the occupational therapist in estimating equipment and supply needs and may participate in the acquisition and inventory of these items.
- Document patient\u2019s status and progress according to established internal/external time standards and adherence to reimbursement guidelines.
- Meets or exceeds program productivity standards.
- Provides discipline specific coverage (following cross training) within Sparrow Health System as requested.
- Communicates with other appropriate people to integrate OT treatment as necessary, or as directed.
- Participates in educational program for patients, patient\u2019s families, and health care workers regarding treatment procedures, functional activities, and home programs.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Associate Status Part-time Benefit Eligible Facility Sparrow Home Care Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website