Job Opportunity Job ID: 28155 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Provides Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides direct physical therapy services for department patients. Serves as a consultant to other professionals involved in patient care
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- When nursing not ordered by physician, able to complete initial assessment including medication reconciliation, and set up the patient\u2019s plan of care based on collaboration with physician.
- Provides physical therapy evaluations and treatment services to patients as prescribed by the physician.
- Develops a treatment plan delineating long and short-term goals based on the results of the evaluation. Interprets to the patient and family the evaluations results, the goals and methods of treatment, and the expected results of treatment; involves the patient and family in goal setting.
- Teaches appropriate procedures and supportive activities to patients and caregivers; interprets to the patient and family the evaluation results, the method of treatment, and the anticipated results of the treatment consistent with the care prescribed by the physician; teaches appropriate procedures, safety practices, and supportive activities to patient and family members; helps the family to accept responsibility for providing care.
- Recommends addition or modifications of equipment, appliances, and the physical environment of the patient\u2019s home.
- Confers periodically with attending physicians regarding their patient\u2019s progress, the physical and emotional conditions and reactions to treatment, and social and physical factors in the environment that affect patient care.
- Provides families with information, support, and encouragement to motivate them to participate actively in rehabilitation process.
- Maintains necessary records, assessments, progress notes, and clinical conference notes on a timely basis for incorporation into patient\u2019s clinical records.
- Coordinates physical therapy services with the interdisciplinary term; consults with the other professionals as necessary provides advisory and consultation services to other staff.
- Demonstrated rehabilitation procedures and supportive activities on selected patients to other treatment team members responsible for follow up services.
- Instructs and supervises PTA\u2019s in the provision of care for patients after initial evaluations per insurance guidelines and agency policy.
- Instructs HHA staff in home exercise program where appropriate and conducts HHA supervisory visits when RN services are not / no longer involved.
Maintains professional standards, compliance with State, Federal (CMS conditions of participation) and Joint Commission regulations, and infection control protocol by participating in in-services, staff meetings, process improvement teams, continuing education seminars when available, and adhering to the SHC expectations \u2013 standards of care guidelines.Job Requirements General RequirementsCurrent Physical Therapy license in State of Michigan Valid Driver's license and automobile insurance. Active American Heart Association BLS Certification upon hire. Work ExperienceMinimum of two years of acute care experience, out patient setting or Home Care experience Recent experience in home care setting preferredEducationDoctorate, Masters or Bachelor of Science degree, graduation from an accredited school of Physical Therapy, Specialized Knowledge and SkillsDemonstrated knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to apply therapeutic principles and formulate effective care plans. Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment. Ability to enter/exit patient homes that may/may not be handicap accessible. Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job. Demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate with patients, families, physicians, and interdisciplinary team. Demonstrated ability to assemble and document data in proper format.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Home Care Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website