Job Opportunity Job ID: 29856 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Perform Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Perform duties to bring about the proper billing of all inpatient and outpatient accounts. Follow up on all accounts until paid in full or until the account balance becomes private pay.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Provide insurance companies with copies of bills, via electronic or manual billing.
- Verify that the proper demographic and insurance information has been obtained to ensure that only accurate clean bills are forwarded to insurance companies and patients.
- Handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls to patients/families and insurance companies.
- Bill secondary insurance companies as required.
- Work accounts to resolution utilizing the appropriate tools, i.e. Workstation, aging reports, special project reports to secure pmt. from responsible payer.
- Work unpaid high dollar priority balances: a) send status to secure payment; b) call insurance companies to ask for unpaid balance; c) identify and take appropriate corrective action for insurance over and underpayments; d) bill patients for private pay balances.
- Process mail pertaining to accounts.
- Responsible for providing supervisor with weekly statistics of claims submitted.
- Responsible for understanding corporate compliance rules and regulations as it relates to billing.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patient bills & records.
- Serves as a role model for consistent demonstration of Sparrow Health System\u2019s Customer Service Behavioral Standards of Performance, by respecting the Privacy and Confidentiality of those we serve.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respects patient, service provider, and organizational confidentiality and HIPAA Security procedures and protocols as defined under the HIPAA Privacy and Security Procedures.
- Follows established HIPAA privacy procedures when using and/or disclosing protected health information.
- Maintains and protects patients\u2019 rights under the HIPAA Privacy standards.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Administrative/Clerical Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website