Job Opportunity Job ID: 27882 Positions Location: Portland, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Portland, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for the efficient and effective processing of patients through the clerical and clinical areas of the practice/clinic. Under the general direction of the physician or advanced practice provider, provides high quality, compassionate patient care.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Prepares patient for examination. Obtains vital signs and chief complaint. Appropriately documents information obtained.
- Performs laboratory and diagnostic testing.
- Answers, screens and triages telephone calls. Takes accurate messages and distributes to the appropriate personnel within the guidelines of the practice.
- Schedules tests and referral appointments for patients.
- Administers oral and injectable medication. Phones prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Engages and helps promote patient/family teaching as appropriate; and provides an educational environment for patients and patient families.
- Works gaps in care registries to help improve the quality of care.
- Maintains all logs and required checks (i.e., refrigerator temps, medications, oxygen, etc.)
- Maintains practice standards by participating in in-services, committees, etc. May assist in developing and implementing quality control and practice policies.
- Inventories, orders and restocks areas as necessary.
- Maintains and cleans equipment and environmental safety as required.
- Ability to provide clerical services and clinical services as required to maintain an effective practice flow. Cross trained to work both clerically and clinically.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Patient Services/Nursing Support Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website