Job Opportunity Job ID: 28755 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: The Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Patient Care Technician assists nurses in providing basic care and performing specific procedures with patients. The Patient Care Technician works under the supervision of an RN, and under the direction of an RN.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Provides basic and technical care to patients as directed by an RN/LPN.
- Performs specific patient procedures and treatments according to hospital policy. Compliance with Infection Control Standards, including Standard/Universal Precautions, Hand Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Documents care given and patient response in medical record.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of unit specific equipment and appropriate supplies used to deliver the highest quality patient care.
- Utilizes appropriate equipment and supplies to provide quality patient care.
- Communicates significant information and changes in patient condition to the RN.
- Responsibility for stocking linen.
- Performs checks of pantry and medication refrigerator temperatures and eye wash stations per hospital protocol.
- Passes and collects meal trays and feeds patients as appropriate.
- Responds to call lights in a timely fashion.
- Responsibility for hourly rounding.
- Actively participates as a team member. Constructively patient and team issues to ensure quality patient care and a collaborative work environment.
- Assumes the mentor role for new Patient Care Technicians.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of quality improvement activities within department, health system and/or community.
- Follows established HIPAA privacy procedures when using and/or disclosing protected health information.
- Maintains and protects patients rights under the HIPAA Privacy Standards.
- Completes occurrence reports as appropriate.
- Participates in the accreditation process.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Patient Services/Nursing Support Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website