Job Opportunity Job ID: 33259 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Scheduling Specialist will be responsible for daily coordination of the Sparrow/TCI physician\u2019s schedules. This position will fullfill the objective(s) as put forth by the TCI Division of Sparrow Hospital to provide complete secretarial services for TCI Cardiologists
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Schedule and coordinate physician's hospital, office, personal and professional commitments.
- Provide complete secretarial services for assigned TCI physicians as well as attending physicians and TCI fellows.
- Telephone traffic and screening.
- Schedule procedures and obtain authorizations and pre certifications.
- Maintain physician CME credit files.
- Assist with preparation of lectures, to include production presentations, handouts, and equipment.
- Assist with other assigned projects such as presentations and publications.
- Cross train with other specialists to provide necessary position coverage.
- Assist physicians, nurses and residents on in-patient service rotations to include the creation and maintenance. of in-patient lists, communication of consults, admissions and transfers.
- Coordinate admissions, transfers, invasive and noninvasive procedures scheduling.
- Provide all necessary patient correspondence.
- Coordinate medical/legal case reviews to include screening cases, organizing of medical/legal documents correspondence and billing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Patient Services/Nursing Support Requirements: Shift Match Any Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website