Job Opportunity Job ID: 16020 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MIJob Description
General Purpose of Job: Accessions, evaluates and prepares blood, body fluid and other specimens for analysis.
Performs waived and moderately complex testing procedures as trained and
needed. Performs specimen collections (blood, sweat) as required.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Following established procedures, accessions test requests, patient demographics, insurance information into appropriate computer systems.
- Accurately labels specimen containers and distributes as appropriate to testing areas or
- Operates computer to verify sample collection information, retrieve patient test data or create accurate billing files
- Maintains operations of Central Processing following established protocols for preparing blood and body fluid specimens for testing: evaluating specimens for correct identification and suitability for testing, processing and separating specimens, preparing specimens for transport to reference facilities, delivering appropriately labeled aliquots to designated laboratory section for testing, and preparing specimens for storage.
- Performs related clerical, service and technical responsibilities as assigned. Examples:
Emptying trash, taking temperatures, washing dishes.
- Provides training to new caregivers.
- Replenishes supplies and stock so materials are always available to perform duties.
- Performs waived and moderately complex testing as directed by Supervisor or Manager.
- Ensures quality control and accuracy of test results by verifying instrument calibration, running known controls and notifying medical technologists of any abnormal, inconsistent or out-of-control results.
- Serves as a role model for consistent demonstration of Sparrow Health System's Customer Service Behavioral Standards of Performance, by respecting the Privacy and Confidentiality of those we serve.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respects patient, service provider, organizational confidentiality and
HIPAA Security procedures and protocols as defined under the HIPAA Privacy and Security
- Follows established HIPAA privacy procedures when using and/or disclosing protected health
- Maintains and protects patients' rights under the HIPAA Privacy Standards.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website