Job Opportunity Job ID: 28833 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Operate Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Operate x-ray equipment to obtain routine radiographys of prescribed areas of the body, according to physician orders (under supervision of registered technologists). Operate portable equipment on nursing units and O.R.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Transport, lift and position to obtain required images according to protocols.
- Calculate and select proper technique factors in order to obtain quality diagnostic images.
- Select proper image size in accordance with requested radiographic examination.
- Ensure all images are properly identified and recorded in the RIS.
- Check all images with registered technologists performing similar duties routinely.
- Responsible for knowing the departmental policies and procedures including: universal precautions, code procedures, handling critically ill patients, etc.
Job Requirements General Requirements\u2022 Certification with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) upon completion of Radiography Program. \u2022 Must be CPR certified. Minimum of AHA Heart Saver certification or BLS required.Work Experience\u2022 NoneEducation\u2022 Must be enrolled in a fully accredited Radiologic Technology Program and proceeding successfully through the program. Upon completion of the training program, the student (Non-registered Technologist) must complete the required ARRT Boards under the guidelines and successful completion guidelines established by the ARRT Board (within six months). \u2022 Successful completion of first year competencies in the Radiology Program. Specialized Knowledge and Skills\u2022 Ability to problem-solve and multi task. \u2022 Ability to perform physical requirements of the job. \u2022 Adept with customer service. \u2022 Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Part-time Non-Benefit Eligible Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website