EMT Basic – Ambulance Services
Provides basic life support care in a hospital based ambulance setting to include routine transports, and assisting with critical care level transports. Position requires frequent lifting and moving of patients, operating with limited direct supervision, and operating ambulances and other vehicles as needed.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: May be entry level
- SC DHEC-EMT
- National Registry EMT-B (except for SC DHEC certified EMTs who are not required to maintain a national registry)
- CPR-healthcare provider
- Driver's license with no more than two at fault or moving violations in a three -year period.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Provide patient care per protocols, transfer orders, and state regulations.
- Safely operate ambulance in all weather conditions.
- Properly move lift and move patients, stretchers, and equipment, without injury to the associate or patient.
- Complete electronic and paper documentation accurately and completely for each transport.
- Provides age specific and culturally appropriate patient care through knowledge of growth and development.
- Maintains all required certification and attends required in-service training to maintain base knowledge and skills.
- Work in all weather conditions, which may include extremes in temperature and precipitation.
- Maintain knowledge and skill to operate all equipment on ambulance correctly.
Apply on company website