Network Engineer II (Telehealth Services)
Network Engineer II Position Summary
The Network Engineer II assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of network infrastructure; uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help plan and install internal and external networks adherent to industry standards and best practices; tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements; and assists with developing network standards and methodologies.
This Network Engineer will work on the Telehealth Services for the entire organization and the communities that SRHS supports. This Network Engineer will work directly with the Telehealth Vendor(s) and the Telehealth Center of Excellence in order for our non-profit healthcare organization to provide the following services:
- Home Health Telemonitoring â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹
- Physician Video Visits
- Rehabilitation Services
- School-Based Services
- Virtual Care
- Virtual Diabetes Education
- Required: High School Diploma
- Preferred: 4 year degree in information Technology
- Required: 5 years of experience
- Preferred: 7+ years of experience
- Preferred: Cisco certification(s)
Network Engineer II Core Job Responsibilities
- 5+ years' experience of in-depth network infrastructure administration on large scale network (at least 1000 nodes) preferred.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of TCP/IP, IOS, multiple routing protocols, and wireless protocols.
- Must have thorough understanding of VoIP and Legacy telephony systems.
- Must have thorough understanding of LWAPP, VPN & perimeter security, Layer 3, and content switching.
- Must possess excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Windows / Linux server troubleshooting, and administration experience preferred.
- Assists with developing network infrastructure expansion and replacement designs.
- Installs, configures, and maintains network infrastructure equipment.
- Assists Security Team with monitoring network security while recommending and implementing best practices that adhere to security framework.
- Works with IS staff on project planning and implementation to ensure proper network infrastructure reliability and performance.
- Will be on-call 24x7 to respond to IS related issues, technical or otherwise.
- May be responsible for implementing and maintaining Windows / Linux server-based applications.
- Evaluates and recommends new technologies as new standards and services become available.
- Troubleshoots network and application communication issues as they arise.
- Assists other IS staff with learning networking and telephony skills and technologies.
- Works within a team environment, on multiple projects, as both a team leader and a team member
- Works directly with the Customer Support Team and other IS teams to resolve problems.
- Assists in the preparation and planning for disaster recovery and business continuity processes.
Apply on company website