Optimization Specialist I
ConnectOne Training Team
The Opitimization Specialist I work closely with the Medical Informatics team (Principal Trainers and Clinical Leadership) for the optimization of end-user utilization and training for EPIC ASAP, Optime, and Anesthesia and any peripheral devices or software as identified. This will be achieved through a combination of efforts and outreach initiatives including, but not limited to:
- routine at-the-elbow support and rounding
- workflow assessments
- Super User programs
- end-user training (instructor led and computer based)
- Obtain credentialing within relevant Epic applications to deliver end-user training.
- Serve as content and workflow experts.
- Serve as Optimization Specialists to all areas of our healthcare system – inpatient and ambulatory – including, but not limited to, physicians, nursing, clinical ancillary service lines, access, and finance.
- Serve as liaisons between leadership, end-users, principal trainers.
- Ensure that identified system initiatives are properly coupled with accurate and timely training documentation through the development of tip sheets and curriculum modifications as needed.
- Participate in Super User and Physician Champion education programs, as necessary.
- Participates in education efforts during EHR implementation process.
- Required: 2-year degree or healthcare specific certification/licensure
- Preferred: 4-year degree in related field
- Minimum of 1 years of IT/Training experience required
- Preferred: Clinical experience with EMR systems highly preferred
- Preferred: Epic Credentialing in ASAP, Optime, or Anesthesia
Core Job Responsibilities
- Workflow reviews, at-the-elbow support, and routine rounding for Epic end-users throughout SRHS to optimize efficiencies
- Deliver routine end-users training 50% of time
- Identifies and communicates ‘Best Practice' workflows to end users
- Develops Tip-Sheet and Curriculum modification
- Performs ongoing evaluations of educational programs, developing and/or auditing methods to measure quality and skills testing that will allow for structured feedback to end users
- Content expert representative on clinical and/or non-clinical committees as needed
- Liaison between technical (IT department) and non-technical customers (end-users)
- Tier Two application support (advances research and analysis of complex issues and requests involving system research and / or other informatics or IS areas)
- Resolves training/workflow issues of a low to medium complexity
- Has the ability to identify action plans and potential solutions to addresses application incidents
- Understands utilization of Medical Informatics within the business unit.
- Demonstrates vertical business knowledge, ability to map and document business processes
- Creates effective presentations
- Knowledgeable of new-hire and retraining processes
- Updates and maintains formal system knowledge base by documenting system problems and resolutions for future reference in a designated location
- Establishes effective verbal and written communication skills within Medical Informatics and with external customers
- Has the ability to interpret vendor and regulatory documentation as needed
- Preceptor for new hires, orienting staff to department and organization
- Provides education within functional Medical Informatics Team
- Train the trainer functions within the organization
- Keeps up to date with technical as well as industry sector developments
- Create, execute, and sign off on unit based and integrated test plans
- Contributes to project resource
- Updates and maintains formal system / product documentation in a designated location (i.e. product release notes, version documentation)
- Manages Incident lifecycle ensuring coordination and timely completion of tasks across departmental teams
- Advises methods to enhance system design and functionality based on customer feedback, testing scenarios or support issues.
- Pursues opportunities for process improvement within training team and Medical Informatics department
- Trends Incident Management data in attempt to identify root cause
- Demonstrates basic integration troubleshooting skills
- Manages small to intermediate projects in scope.
- Verify the integrity and availability of all security hardware / software solutions.
- Works under limited supervision
- Other duties as assigned
Apply on company website