The Healthy Outcomes Program Community Health Worker is responsible for qualifying AccessHealth clients for services by collecting information to determine program eligibility and conducting face to face interviews with clients to collect data regarding health and the social determinants of health. Community Health Workers work under the direction of a Registered Nurse and/or Social Worker to identify the client's health and social needs and develop a care plan and goals. The Community Health Worker is responsible for managing a case load of clients and working with each client on an individual basis to provide care coordination, case management services, referrals to health and social welfare resources and, client education related to the promotion of healthy lifestyles, disease prevention, and disease management. The Community Health Worker is expected to escort clients to physician appointments and other appointments as needed and conduct home visits. All services and interactions are to be documented in computer software.
- Associate degree or 5+ years' experience
- 1 year experience case management or care coordination/navigation
- Must receive SC Community Health Worker certification within 1 year of hiring.
- Valid SC driver's license with a good driving record
- Associate degree
- 3-5 years case management experience
- SC Community Health Worker Certification
- Function as an integral member of a collaborative and interdisciplinary team, using assessment, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluation skills.
- Maintain effective communication with hospitals, physicians, community agencies, etc. and serve as a client advocate, assisting with the navigation and appropriate utilization of health services and community resources.
- Support the AccessHealth Spartanburg and the Healthy Outcomes Program in assuring the continuum of care for clients and in maintaining the quality-of-service delivery.
- Other duties as assigned
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
Apply on company website