We are hiring a Certified Sterile Processing Tech to join our team!
- Full Time; 3pm to 11:30pm
The Certified Sterile Processing Technicians are allied health professionals, who are an integral part of the Perioperative Department healthcare team who provide sterilized equipment for use during a surgical procedure. The Certified Sterile Processing Technician works under the supervision and delegatory authority of a Sterile Processing Department Manager, supervisor or designee, to facilitate high standards of decontamination, assembly, inspecting, wrapping and sterilization of surgical instrument for Surgical Services, 0B Services, and all other ancillary departments. Certified Sterile Processing Technicians load and unload cart washers and various sterilizers and put away sterile instruments and supplies. This includes working in conjunction with the OR staff to provide timely sterile products, trays and case carts where applicable. The Certified Sterile Processing Technician maintains consistency and continuous workflow between the OR and Sterile Processing while practicing above average customer service. The Sterile Processing Technician reports to the Manager of the Sterile Processing Department and RN Director of Surgical Services.
- High School Graduate/GED
- Graduate of an accredited CST Program
- New grad to experienced Certified Sterile Processing Technician
- Certification, as a certified surgical technologist (CST), conferred by the National Board of Surgical technology and Surgery Assisting (NBSTSA)
- Certification, as a certified Sterile Processing Department Technician (CSPDT), conferred by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
- Certification, as a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST), conferred by The International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM)
- One or more consecutive years of experience working as a Certified Sterile Processing Technician
- Active membership in a local or national chapter of The International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM) or
- Active membership in a local or national chapter of the Association of Surgical Technologists (AST)
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
Apply on company website