Certified Surgical technologists (CST) are allied health professionals, who are an integral part of the team of medical practitioners providing surgical care to patients. Surgical technologists work under the supervision and delegatory authority of a surgeon to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. These individuals are experts in the theory and application of the principles of asepsis and sterile technique to combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation and tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. CSTs collaborate with leadership in developing and implementing the Spartanburg Medical Center culture, vision mission and goals.
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program
- New graduate thru experienced certified surgical technologist
- Certification, as a certified surgical technologist (CST), conferred by the National Board of Surgical technology and Surgery Assisting (NBSTSA)
- Certified in BLS obtained thru the American Heart Association
- Six months to a year of scrub experience
- Activemember of the Associate of surgical Technologist (AST) organization
Apply on company website