$3000 Sign-on Bonus for CERTIFIED/REGISTERED MAs
The bonus will be paid in three installments:
First installment is received after the first 120 days, second installment after the first 12 months, third installment after 18 months for full- time employees. New Hires must remain employed as a full-time SRHS associate to receive the entire sign-on bonus.
The Medical Assistant is cross trained on both clinical and administrative responsibilities. The clinical aspects include recording vital signs when interacting with patients, compiling patients' medical histories and administering medications under direction of a supervising physician. The administrative aspects can include everything from scheduling appointments to billing and assisting patients in filling out insurance forms.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Certification as Medical Assistant (AAMA) or Registered Medical Assistant(AMT)
- Current CPR certification
- Graduate of an accredited school of medical assisting.
- 1-2 years healthcare experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Measure and record vital signs, takes patient medical history and chief complaint. Record information accurately in the medical chart.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplies.
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization of equipment.
- Assist with scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Prepare patient for examination.
- Phlebotomy, finger sticks, and collection of other lab specimens.
- Assist the provider with exams and minor office surgery.
- Adhere to and practice appropriate infection control policies and procedures.
- Screens, manages, and follows up telephone messages from patients, referrals, and pharmacies.
- Prepare and send prescriptions electronically per provider's orders.
- Performs waived lab tests, EKGs, and administers injections.
- Applies dressing and remove sutures as ordered by the provider.
- Use CPR skills when required.
- Dispose of biohazard waste according to state standards.
- Maintain OSHA requirements and practice OSHA standards.
- Perform accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be in good physical condition and able to withstand the stress and demands of an active position.
- Manual dexterity, good eye/hand coordination and acceptable vision needed in daily work.
- Must have strong knowledge of organizational dynamics and have excellent communication/coaching skills.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, the public, and other agencies.
- Must be able to respond calmly and efficiently in crisis situations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills based on the command of the English language.
- Must be able to perform the following functions: standing for long hours, walking, stooping, bending, sitting, pushing, pulling, and squatting.
- Must be able to lift 30+ lbs. in order to lift/move patients, equipment, and/or supplies utilized in the work place.
Additional InformationMedical Group of the Carolinas (MGC) is a Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System's physician group, made up of more than 600 physicians in more than 29 specialties and 38 primary care; serving Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. MGC has 90 locations, which include primary care, family medicine, internal medicine, specialties, pediatric OB/GYN practices, women's services locations, and immediate care.
The medical network of practices includes family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics, gynecology, pediatrics, immediate care, emergency medicine, inpatient medicine, allergy, medical weight loss, cardiology, cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, gastroenterology, surgery, gynecologic oncology, infectious disease, maternal fetal medicine, occupational health, oncology, hematology, orthopedic surgery, palliative care, pediatric critical care, physical medicine and rehabilitation, plastic surgery, psychiatry, radiation oncology, rheumatology, vascular access and wound care.
Apply on company website