This position is PRN
Hours would be Mon-Thurs 5pm to 9pm
The Ultrasonographer performs a variety of specialized technical tasks utilizing high frequency ultrasound waves to assist with the detection of anatomical abnormalities.
- Accredited two-year Allied Health/Nursing Degree or Bachelor of science degree and successful completion of a recognized and accredited program in Ultrasound Technology
- Currently Registered ARDMS in physics and at least one specialty (abdomen or pelvis)
- Active membership in ARDMS
- BLS Certification
- 18 months experience in Abdomen, Vascular, Ob/Gyn and small parts sonography
Core Job Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of complex specialized tasks utilizing ultrasonic high frequency sound waves to detect abnormalities including masses, abscesses, and stones. Assist physicians with biopsy procedures.
- Perform ultrasound procedures, color doppler vascular examinations, abdominal studies and color-flow ultrasound, Ob-Gyn procedures as required maintaining patient records and documentation.
- Positively responds and implements change when needed and has good decision-making skills.
- Assists with quality control and maintenance of all equipment in the area
- Properly utilize accessory equipment such as transducers, cleaning systems, warmers, scanners, printers, and PACS workstations
- Prepare patients for procedures, explain procedures to patients. Report changes in patient condition to medical staff. Provide an oral and written summary of preliminary findings to the radiologist. Evaluate quality of exams. Determine if additional sonograms or ultrasound procedures are indicated and discuss with physician.
- Assists in training of new staff and of students during clinical rotations
- Follows, maintains and helps implement hospital and departmental policies and procedures
- Consistently communicates with patients, guests, staff and physicians in a positive manner
- Knowledgeable of compliance and regulatory requirements and adheres to Federal, State, accrediting bodies, and standard practice of care for patients, staff, guests and facilities
- Adheres to departmental procedures and protocols
- Rotating call for after hours and weekends
- Ensure correct charging of procedures and supplies on a daily basis
- Works as a team member with peers and other departments. Responds calmly and efficiently to situations.
- Regularly attend departmental meeting, in-services and actively participate in continuing education activities
- Other duties as requested by supervisor or manager
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
Apply on company website