SIGN ON BONUS $10,000.00 Experienced RN
We are hiring a Registered Nurse to work with our compassionate and dedicated Home Hospice team!
- Full Time; 8:00am to 4:30pm
At Spartanburg Regional Outpatient Hospice, we are proud of our skilled, caring, trustworthy and compassionate Home Health experts. Our clinicians visit patient homes to deliver customized, physician-prescribed care. Nurses and medical professionals work closely with interdisciplinary teams to ensure patients are receiving optimum care tailored individual needs.
Our Registered Nurses enjoy autonomy while caring for patients in their home environment. The team works with a wide variety of cases such as: Oncology, Alzheimer, Heart Failure, COPD, etc.
The RN provides skilled nursing services within the home care setting in accordance with the orders of a physician and under a plan of care. Utilizes knowledge and skills at a competent level to provide direct age-specific and culturally appropriate patient care management in the homecare setting. Demonstrates, through the use of the nursing process, knowledge of principles of growth and development, serves as a clinical resource, participates in patient and staff education, demonstrates the use of independent nursing judgment, and serves as a preceptor. Develops and coordinates the plan of care and provides case management. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for continuous review of all aspects of every patient on his/her caseload to include: appropriate utilization of services; management of symptoms and pain control; review of documentation in the medical record; maintenance of interdisciplinary communication.
- Completes comprehensive assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es) and medication reconciliation.
- Initiates the plan of care, makes necessary revisions as patient status, and needs change. Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic and preventive nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan. Teaches the patient and family/ caregiver care techniques as appropriate, provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs and reports changes in the patient's condition; communicates regularly with the interdisciplinary team to coordinate the plan of care; and communicates on a regular basis with manger.
- Provides supervision of home health aides per regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for financial resources and eligibility under various third party payer sources, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Knowledge of state, federal, and local regulations for the delivery of home health services.
- Graduate of an approved nursing program
- One (1) year of recent clinical nursing experience
Preferred experience in Home Health, Hospice, ICU or Telemetry
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in South Carolina
- Valid SC Driver's License with good driving record
- CPR certification
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
Apply on company website