The Orthopedic Rehabilitation Technician is responsible for a variety of patient care tasks under the direction of PTs, PTAs, OTR/Ls, COTAs, and SLPs. He/she performs and assists with orthopedic and rehabilitation duties throughout the hospital. He/she assists other areas of Rehabilitation Services as directed. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor, manager, or director.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Three to six (3-6) months in a position which requires contact with the public
- Patient Care Experience
Core Job Responsibilities
- Adheres to all Standards of Behavior.
- Completes on call assignments at night, on weekends, and on holidays on a rotating basis.
- Returns to the hospital to provide patient care when on call.
- Maintains reliable transportation.
- Completes all patient care assignments within designated timeframes.
- Applies and maintains CPMs and traction apparatus per physician orders and department procedure.
- Performs casting and splinting duties of application, removal, and maintenance.
- Documents and maintains records according to department procedure.
- Demonstrates accurate and safe use of equipment during patient treatment/transfers (wheelchairs, stretchers, lift equipment, therapy equipment, etc.).
- Cleans equipment according to department policy.
- Performs ordering, receiving, and distribution of department supplies.
- Assists with a variety of clerical tasks as requested, completing each accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures environment is safe and adheres to quality standards.
- Attends department and hospital committees and meetings.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
Apply on company website