Spectrum Retirement Communities is considered a leader and innovator in senior living. SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
The Executive Accountant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining all accounting records for the two principal owners, their personal entities and family trusts, along with the accounting needs of immediate family members.
This position reports to the Director, Executive Accounting and indirectly to the Managing Partners they support.
Executive Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Maintain schedules of real estate activity.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly liquidity reports for Directors to send to banks to fulfill quarterly compliance requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly financial statements for Directors to send to the banks to fulfill quarterly compliance requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of trust and other family members financial statements and projects as needed.
- Initiate and process wires as directed.
- Monitor daily cash balances for approximately 50 bank accounts.
- Reconcile all related cash and investment accounts monthly.
- Monitor shared team mail and email boxes.
- Code all bills to be paid by accounts payable and maintain monthly recurring charges (IE Rent payments, mortgage payments, etc.).
- Prepare deposits and take deposits to the bank when necessary.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and yearly tax requirements.
- Assist with other special projects as assigned.
Executive Accountant Educational Requirements:
- Must have a college degree – Accounting or emphasis in Accounting preferred.Public accounting experience is a plus but not required
Executive Accountant Work Experience:
- 3 – 5 years of accounting experience.
- Detailed oriented/excellent time management skills.
- Very strong computer and Excel skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Good phone communication skills.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors, bankers and Spectrum Team Members.
- Ability to function as a team player.
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401(K); PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more!; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs
Apply on company website