** Due to internal promotion within the Property Accounting department, this newly created opportunity is available! **
The Property Accountant reports to the Senior Vice President of Finance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability and financial reporting, state and local compliance reporting as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects, as assigned.
Spectrum Retirement Communities is considered a leader and innovator in senior living. SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, report and records for 8-10 Senior Housing properties, and any related entities.
- Responsible for maintaining the monthly general ledger.
- Create and record all journal entries.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monthly reconciliation and analysis of actual vs budgeted income/expenses.
- Monitor all direct and related bank accounts for necessary transfers, mortgage payments, owner distributions, etc.
- Prepare monthly schedules, analysis and reports in Excel.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual sales/use tax returns and other similar state/local compliance reporting.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Auditing and verifying documents.
- Follow internal procedures and controls.
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Must have an accounting degree or equivalent.
- MBA or CPA certification is a plus.
- At least 3 - 5 years' property management accounting experience (Yardi Voyager general ledger experience a plus).
- Accounts Receivable experience a plus.
- Very strong computer and Excel skills.
- Good phone communication skills.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors and Spectrum Team Members.
- Ability to function as a team player.
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401(K); PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more!; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs
Apply on company website