From Paul Sperry and one man's inventive spirit in 1935 to today, Sperry has forever inspired adventurous souls who strive for lives fully lived. Whether it's the world's first and original boat shoe or our sea-tested apparel, we equip all those who believe the best stories are written with your feet. So go out there, and live an adventure-filled life. Join our team and discover an odyssey in every day.
The Demand Planning Manager is responsible for the daily/weekly merchandising efforts. This includes forecasting, buying, and shipment analysis to support the ongoing sales goals of the business at a macro level as well as the detail level. This individual works closely with key account partners, customer service, product and logistics to achieve sales and growth strategies of the division.
- Accurately provide short-term product forecasts utilizing trends, sales force forecasts, and market conditions.
- Determine and place monthly factory buys based on forecasts while managing risk and obsolesence based upon forecast confidence level.
- Continuously monitor booking and shipping trends against factory buys and independently make necessary adjustments to factory purchase order dates, styles and/or sizes.
- Manage inventory flow to meet inventory turn goals as outlined on inventory plan. Work with sourcing to align exit factory dates with customer ship dates and monthly targets.
- Update appropriate personnel with product availability information to align customer expectations with realistic ship dates.
- Form strategic relationships with sales management and account reps for feedback regarding product shipments and/or cancellations.
- Direct customer service group on management of alignment between factory production and customer ship dates. Manage work flow in core systems.
- Work closely with sourcing and product development team to identify, monitor and communicate to the team any issues affecting delivery against forecasts and customer orders.
- Manage special projects aligned with strategic growth plan.
- Provide input on long term sales and production forecasts
- Develop merchandiser associate to manage daily tasks at a level where they can independently calculate inventory needs and align production with customer orders.
- Perform duties consistent with the Company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Apply on company website