Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for the organization by performing the following duties.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Reviews requisitions. Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Works closely with engineering to finalize details of materials in order to satisfy specialized job and customer requirements.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items. Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Works closely with production planners to ensure smooth flow of raw materials needed to support production activities.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Preferred experience in raw material buying (Steel plate, pipe, fasteners, flanges and fittings) with knowledge of the various material certifications and testing requirements that can be required for these types of materials.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's (B.A.) degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply on company website