SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be based at 1095 Morris Avenue, Union, NJ 07083
The OTC Derivatives Middle Office team is the department responsible for derivative trade capture, security master, trade confirmations, settlements, reconciliations and position life-cycle events within SS&C. The team supports middle office trade processing for clients that include daily production deliverables as well as new client implementations. Additionally, the team outlines business requirements set forth by internal and extremal requests for internal systems development for OTC derivative processing.
- Ensure trades are processed on daily basis and clear trade capture related exceptions.
- Ensure all trade discrepancies are resolved timely and accurately.
- Investigate escalated reconciliation breaks for trade capture, confirmations, and settlements.
- Working directly with clients and counterparties to ensure trade capture accuracy, reconcile discrepancies and answer client requests.
- Working closely with India operation teams' to ensure both locations are aligned at all times.
- Perform root cause analysis of common discrepancies between client and counterparty's instructions.
- Overall client satisfaction including acting as the senior client relationship manager, ensuring there is a good dialogue between client and team and clients are kept abreast of internal changes and new initiatives
- Providing technical operations/industry knowledge to clients
- Work directly with technology partners on platform issues, enhancements and/or development
- Contributing to internal project initiatives regarding new product development, testing and implementation.
- Working closely with the Implementations department to ensure all new clients operations capabilities (setups, reorgs, conversions) are launched successfully and in a timely manner
- Ensure OTC derivate procedures are updated, completed and maintained across all clients and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in business/finance or related discipline
- 5+ years OTC Middle/Back office experience covering trade processing, collateral, confirmations, settlements, cash, position and trade reconciliations
- High proficiency in Credit, Interest, Equity and Exotic OTC products and current legislation a must
- Prior experience with Equity, Interest and Credit Derivatives a must
- Prior experience to Equities, Fixed Income, Futures, FX, and Options in addition to OTC a strong plus
- High level of computer literacy and familiarity.
- Working knowledge of corporate actions
- Self-starter with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communication / presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to build partnerships with operational and accounting associates.
- Proven track record in client servicing.
- Prior supervisory experience a must.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website