SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be based at 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.
Work with internal users within a corporate environment to provide level one technical assistance as needed. Provide support to global ASP clients and utilize troubleshooting skills to solve problems as needed.
- Configure, install & maintain all standard PC hardware and software.
- Responsible for all aspects of installation from receiving equipment, installation of software, testing, delivery to end user.
- Perform password resets and administer users in an active directory environment.
- Remotely troubleshoot technical issues over the phone or through email.
- Assist supervisor to streamline daily support procedures.
- Assist with the upgrade and maintenance of software as needed.
- Gain experience, understanding, and expertise necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to research and resolve customer issues in a timely and accurate manner with minimal guidance.
- Provide regular status and progress towards milestones with one's supervisor.
- Manage and relay summation of incidents clearly and effectively to other shifts.
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Windows workstation/server operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the relevant technologies and platforms
- Ability to function and contribute in a team environment
- Basic project management skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
Distinguishing Characteristics of Position:
- Minimal supervision in regards to troubleshooting activities.
- Activities often involve support of specialized in-house applications.
- Experience (minimal):
- Position requires Technical Training in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience.
- Should have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and Windows Domains.
- Database experience (SQL/MSAccess) and Citrix Presentation Server is a plus.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website