SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
We are looking for a Middle/Back Office Operations Representative with OTC product knowledge for our Midtown, NYC location.
- Providing operational support to hedge fund clients engaged in various investment strategies ex. Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), Private Equity, Global Macro, Fixed Income, Mortgage, Credit, Distressed, Long/Short, Risk/Stat/Arbitrage, Emerging markets and Fund of Funds
- Building and maintaining client relationships, and serving as a liaison between clients and prime brokers/counterparties
- Providing middle and back office support for the following products: equity, fixed income, swaps, bank debt, contract for differences, futures, commodities, options, FX, mortgages and repos
- Addressing and researching cash / position / Market Value reconciliation exceptions
- Interacting with various internal SS&C departments such as Fund Accounting, Investor Relations and IT
- Wire processing related to management fees, incentive fees, fund subscriptions and redemptions, and collateral
- Running cash reports and confirming payments with counterparties
- Reviewing work prepared by others
- Training operations staff
- BA in business/finance or related discipline
- 2+ years experience with Back Office Operations working for either a Prime Broker, Administrator, Hedge Fund, Mutual Fund, Investment Advisor or Financial/Retirement Planner
- Prior experience with various products including equities, fixed income, repurchase agreements, futures, FX, Mortgages, options and working knowledge of Corporate Actions
- Prior experience with OTC products a PLUS
- Middle/Back office experience covering trade settlements, fail control, reconciliation of trade discrepancies, and client servicing
- Solid MS Excel knowledge
- Prior experience working in a client service environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website