SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer for our Midtown, NYC location.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for building out our state of the art Treasury and Cash Management solution.
- As such we seek an individual who is close to the latest and most innovative software tools, languages and methodologies.
- This individual will work on disruptive technologies and lead development using tools such as no-sql databases, advanced messaging platforms and AI-enabling languages. The technology includes Cassandra/MongoDB, Kafka and Python/R but is not limited to these.
- Work closely with the business on requirement gathering and design/implementation on a top tier application development in the middle office services.
- Work proactively and independently to articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks
- Requirement gathering & understanding, effort estimation on tasks assigned, technical design, and task planning.
- Collaborate with other developers and offshore teams in managing the project deliverables
- Developing clear technical design documents, providing technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery
- A thorough understanding of Full Software Development Lifecycle
- Participate in code reviews, test case reviews and ensure code developed meets the requirements
- Lead other team members in the adoption of disruptive technologies.
- Component Design/ Coding/ Unit Testing/ Debugging
- Knowledge sharing within the team of new and existing designs and technologies to address project requirements
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Expertise in core Java and JEE technologies
- Knowledge of object oriented concepts and design patterns
- In-depth knowledge of one or more application frameworks such as Spring Boot and Spring MVC
- Strong database design in both sql and no-sql based platforms. Sybase, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB or others desirable.
- Experience with Tomcat, MQ, Kafka, Linux/Unix and shell scripting
- Experience with machine learning, Python, R is a plus
- Experience with GIT/CVS for version control, CI/CD tools including Jenkins build process
- Well versed in industry standard architecture design methodologies and processes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Financial industry experience is a plus
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website