SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C Financial Services Development – Software Engineer P2 Toronto (Permanent)
Location: 185 Spadina Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 2C6, CANADA.
About SS&C Technologies:
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivalled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America's best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
- The Financial Services Group at SS&C is currently hiring a Software Engineer. This engineer will be responsible for analyzing, designing, programming and modifying software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet related computer programs. This engineer will be a developer working applications in our private cloud which provides outsourcing capabilities to brokerages for the clearing mutual fund subaccounts.
- The Software Engineer role is for a candidate who is skilled new technology and will be provided the opportunity to work on large systems developed in multiple technologies. You will be analyzing, design, program, and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs.
- Your code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, mobile apps or desktop applications products. Using current programming languages and technologies, leveraging BDD (Behavior Drive Development)/TDD (Test Driven Development) methodologies, cloud-native, you will be writing code, and perform testing and debugging of applications.
- You will complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. You may interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. You will adhere to Software Engineering and Information Security Controls, and align with enterprise architectural strategies.
- You will close existing software defects and ensures maintenance of architectural diagrams
- Able to design, build, and maintain modern web apps for use by internal and external customers
- Develop REST APIs and microservices to integrate with internal and external client systems
- Work with a product owner within an agile team to define, develop, and estimate user stories and epics.
- Work with BA and QA to create and implement automated BDD tests
- Ensure the ongoing scalability, security, and maintainability of our products
- Computer Science/Engineer related Bachelor's degree; or Master's degree; or 3 years of equivalent work-related experience
- Developing and maintaining SaaS applications.
- Java, JUnit, JPA, Spring.
- Web/RESTful Services Development.
- Microservice Development.
- SQL and relational databases.
- Working in an agile environment using Scrum.
- A passion for continuous learning as well as the ability to learn quickly and apply new skills.
- Flexibility/Ability to be proactive, possesses good problem solving skills and the capability to find solutions and the ability to successfully meet deadlines
- Experience with Kafka and NoSQL solutions would be a plus
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website