Posted Date: Nov 12, 2019
Position Title: Construction Project Manager
Reports To: Facility Director
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the “job search” in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on “referral tracking.” For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com.Job Summary
Under general supervision, manages construction projects as the Owner's representative. Provides world class customer service and management of building construction and renovation projects. Responsible for timely completion and financial outcome of construction projects in a team environment that includes the Owner, design professionals (architects/engineers), general contractors, sub-contractors, Owner's departmental personnel, project inspectors and other team members. Ensures Owner satisfaction and overall success of assigned projects.
- Supervises and manages construction projects as the Owner's representative. Provides effective construction management of assigned projects by coordinating all pre-construction and construction activity on these projects, including project design, development of construction documents, preparation of project estimates and budgets, receipt and evaluation of project proposals, site observation of construction, budget and schedule management, project close-out and post construction issues such as warranty or latent defect claims.
- Ensures Federal, State, and local laws and codes concerning health, safety, accessibility, and the environment are strictly adhered to in the programming, design, and construction of facilities projects.
- Provides project oversight and quality assurance inspections to ensure construction work complies with contract documents, safety requirements, scheduling and budget requirements.
- Manages internal and external customers, contractors, professional service providers and project stakeholders with diverse backgrounds, gender, race and ethnicity.
- Committed to continuously improving the quality and value of service provided to customers. Strives to exceed customer expectations by ensuring all communication to customers is responsive, respectful, and solutions-oriented.
- Must be able to work safely in a construction environment and be able to fully tour construction sites in order to monitor progress and adherence to the projects' construction documents.
- Contributes to a safe work environment by quickly reporting accidents and unsafe working conditions. Uses proper personal protection equipment and follows safety procedures outlined in Material Safety Data Sheets. Participates in safety training.
- Uses in-house computer system, internet, paper catalogs and any other means necessary to identify and source materials as needed.
- Operates company vehicles as required.
- Completes assigned training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED and Bachelor's Degree in field of Construction Science, Architecture, or Engineering or equivalent combination of training and work experience.
- At least five years of experience managing construction work or in design and planning of facilities to include field observation and management of construction projects. Ability to manage multiple, complex facilities projects independently with little to no supervision.
- Prefer Certified Project Manager (PMP or CCM) or licensed Architect or Engineer.
- Must possess a valid Class “C” driver's license and be able to drive to and from job sites on a daily basis.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and courteously with administrators, department heads, faculty, researchers, supervisors, employees, customers, representatives of governmental agencies, architects, engineers, contractors, vendors, etc.
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 343144
ANNMARIE B MCSHEA
Apply on company website