Posted Date: Sep 13, 2019
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.Job Summary
Working as the Financial Analyst you will be responsible for assessing the financial performance. You will assist with all the accounting and control functions including all revenue and expense reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and monthly financial reporting requirements.
- Compiles new and rebid pro-forma and analyzes for accuracy
- Prepares and analyzes monthly management reporting; new, rebid and lost business reporting; weekly Business Owner Reports
- Provides financial guidance to operating units within the region on matters involving client returns, revenue and profitability goals
- Improves financial status by compiling and analyzing budgets and forecast, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and considering "what if” scenarios to bring forth suggestions to the Director of Finance
- Documents and maintains complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transaction.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual project
- Creates and designs reports and spreadsheets; creates and maintains a database to organize, collect and upload data into required reporting formats
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Accounting or Finance; three to five years of related experience in Foodservice; K-12 experience is preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Experience with SAP, Excel, Power Point, Access
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 321048
ANNMARIE B MCSHEA
Apply on company website