St. Lukes University Health Network, the regions largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nations 100 Top Hospitals is seeking passionate BC/BE Geriatricians to join our dedicated team of physicians providing excellent care at St. Lukes University Health Network. Our team is comprised of 12 Board Certified Geriatricians, 9 Nurse Practitioners, and a Social Worker who specialize in Senior Care services.
Our primary services include:
- Inpatient consultation
- Post-Acute services LTC, CCRC, PC
- Opportunity to be part of the Fellowship Training Program
- St. Lukes fellowship training is truly a family where our fellows and faculty work together to provide excellent care for our patients and support each other in an environment of teaching and scholarly activity.
- Collaboration with Cardiology, Trauma, and Orthopedics
- Interdisciplinary work with Nursing, Pharmacy, and Rehab, Social Work
- Skilled nursing facility medical directorship opportunity
- Call is telephone only and shared with other geriatricians
SLUHN has many senior care initiatives for the network including, NICHE, Senior Surgery Program, House Call Program, Older Adult Behavioral Health Unit, and outpatient services for cognitive and complex physical health assessment.
In joining St. Lukes University Health Network youll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Exceptional compensation package and relocation reimbursement
- Starting bonus
- Rich benefits package, including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
- A physician orientated unique culture
- A reasonable call schedule, enjoy a work life balance
About St. Lukes University Health Network:
Founded in 1872, St. Lukes University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Networks service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey. To learn more about SLUHN, please visit www.slhn.org
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Lukes is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Lukes created the regions first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nations longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 28 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 226 residents and fellows.
St. Lukes is the only health care system in central-eastern Pennsylvania to earn Medicares five-star rating (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. St. Lukes has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health (formerly Truven Health Analytics) repeatedly seven times total and five years in a row including 2019. It has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the EPIC electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHNs information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Lukes is also recognized as one of the states lowest cost providers.
About the Lehigh Valley & Surrounding Areas
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the regions storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, and DC. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com
*We do not sponsor visas
St. Luke's University Health Network, the region's largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the na...
Apply on company website