About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
· To be aware and understand the Group's overall business strategy and model
· To be aware and understand Financial & Strategic Investor Group ("FSIG")'s business model and role to bring together the best of the Group's “People, Ideas and Capital” in a globally coordinated manner to FSIG clients
· To implement FSIG's key strategic goal of becoming the leading “go-to” bank for global holistic coverage and product solutions for FSIG clients
· To be aware and understand the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
· To be aware and understand the private equity industry landscape, including key global and regional trends and themes, and past and ongoing deal activities at the fund and asset levels
· To collaborate with various product, industries and commercial banking teams across the Group and generate bespoke and thematic ideas throughout all stages of FSIG clients' investment lifecycle
· To support FSIG and various partner teams in deal execution in a timely and efficient manner
· To consistently improve our existing client engagement and develop new relationships across the Bank with cross-selling opportunities
People and Talent
· To lead through example and build the appropriate culture and value
· To be helpful and respectful to all members across the FSIG and various collaborative teams in the Group, including risk and control partners
· To ensure team members working on the same deal are appropriately briefed and equipped with the necessary data tools to carry out their functions
· To take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements, including applicable laws and regulations, the Groups policies, procedures and the Group Code of Conduct
· To effectively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters
· To timely complete of all mandatory risk and compliance training, including e-learning by the set deadlines
· To identify any areas of improvement in which the Group can better deliver an effective governance, oversight and control in the business
· To be aware and understand the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to my role and the FSIG team
Regulatory & Business Conduct
· To understand and comply with the Group's Code of Conduct
· To effectively mitigate and resolve perceivable risks and compliance issues
· To contribute to a culture in which all stakeholders feel safe to raise concerns and where risk and compliance matters are addressed and misconduct appropriately dealt with
· Embed Here for good and the Group's brand and values in regular work routine, including the willingness to be proactive, helpful and respectful to the FSIG and other collaborative teams across the Group, the mindfulness to act in integrity at all times, and the continual reflection on past failures and successes for further personal improvement and process simplification
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Apply on company website