About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Inbound NTB/ETB sales
- Address walk-in NTB clients' (any segment) sales needs; Pull generated from ATL/online, catchment campaigns, word of mouth
- Activate NTB clients, and set up and educate clients on remote channel usage i.e., online, Client Care Centre, ATM; Hand over client to Priority or Business Banking Team if required
Inbound ETB Service-To-Sales
- Address walk-in ETB clients' (any segment) sales needs (may be from Service To Sales); Serve client on initial request and broaden to Next Best Conversation based on ETB analytics
- Direct and educate walk-in clients to use self-serve channels, and handle service requests via low-counters where requested by clients; Actively seek Service To Sales opportunities
Activities (role in clients journey)
1. Listen, explain & sell (in person)
- Understand needs
- Explain respective banking proposition that fits their ingoing need (anchor product)
2. Deep sell (in person)
- Immediately broaden the conversation to include fuller bundle
- Refer to Business Banking Acquiring Team for BC lending needs
3. Prepare, set up, & activate (in person)
When required documents are available
- Compile required documents
- Conduct KYC/CDD
- Open account/activate products
- Tag clients to the right segment. Refer respective business clients to BC Banking Team and Affluent to Priority Banking Team
4. Service (in-person)
- Fulfil basic service needs and pass on rest to Client Care Centre or CSM
Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the roleBusiness
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Awareness and understanding of the assigned target/business numbers from top managers
- Ensure full capacity and capability to deliver business performance individually
Responsible for executing the related processes under sale's scope to each product, client, segment, CDD, etc
People and Talent
- Lead through example and contribute to build the appropriate culture and values
- Work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Ensure to fully attend of ongoing training
- Self-manage individual sale performance against responsibilities and objectives
- Ensure compliance with Group Policy and Standards, local laws and regulations, controls and procedures of the Bank and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering and CDD.
- Participate in and/or support the Bank's effort in combating money-laundering activities.
- Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money Laundering and KYC in the day to day operations, which include account opening and reviews, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions, customer communication, implementing new requirements, updating and revising operating procedures, acquire relevant knowledge and training, provide support to superior and subordinates.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in the team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Basic banking products knowledge – CASA, Mortgage, PL, Credit Cards, Simple wealth
- Market and competition knowledge
- Closing deals
- Client training on digital solutions
- Communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and objection handling
- Understanding of KYC/CDD principles
- Degree and / or relevant professional qualifications / experience.
- Working experience in banking with demonstrable knowledge of banking practices and financial products.
Apply on company website