About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Work with the design and business solution team to understand and define the system and business requirements
- Develop/maintain detailed technical design and specifications based on requirements
- Conduct feasibility studies and proof of concepts with regard to new user requirements
- Analyze changes and impact of change to existing applications
- Undertake software development and coding tasks
- Undertake reviews on programming and testing done by team members
- Provide testing support and troubleshoot issues raised during testing
- Able to come up with estimation and manage work area to project schedule
- Ensure that all documentation, processes and methodologies used in the various phases of system development and implementation in accordance with the Group's standards
- Analytical and systematic thinking and methodical organization
- Possess sound communications skills
- Good interpersonal, persuasion, leadership and ability to drive work progress
- Able to relate to business requirements and understand business drivers and imperatives
- Experience in mainframe technologies, terminologies and environments
- Experience in application and system software development with specific skill-sets on COBOL programming, Z-OS, JCL, Ctrl-M, VSAM, CICS, Expeditor, Compuware and Workbench
- Good understanding of database (specifically Oracle and DB2) and building interfaces for database interactions
- Analytical, systematic thinking and methodical organization and good understanding of the SDLC models, process and documentation
- Possess good communication skills – written and spoken
- Knowledge of UNIX shell scripting and middleware tools such as IBM MQ will be an advantage
- Knowledge of credit collection systems is a plus point.
- Experience working in a multinational environment and dealing with peers/stakeholders from different geographical locations is desirable
Apply on company website