About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role
Work with the design and business solution team to understand and define the system and business requirements. Undertake software development and coding tasks
The Role Responsibilities
- Work with the design and business solution team to understand and define the system and business requirements
- Conduct feasibility studies and proof of concepts with regard to new user requirements
- Analyze changes and impact of change to existing applications
- Undertake software development and coding tasks
- Provide testing support and troubleshoot issues raised during testing
- Able to come up with estimation and manage work area to project schedule
- Coordinate and facilitate discussion with various parties, where required – e.g. issue resolution, estimation discussions and testing approach etc.
- Ensure that all documentation, processes and methodologies used in the various phases of system development and implementation in accordance with the Group's standards
- Analytical and systematic thinking and methodical organization
- Possess sound communications skills
- Good interpersonal, persuasion, leadership and ability to drive work progress
- Experience in mid-range technologies, terminologies and environments especially when it comes to application and system development on UNIX based platforms
- Experience in system software development with specific skill-sets on UNIX shell scripting, core Java/J2EE, JMS and SOAP/Rest web service
- Good understanding of database specifically MS SQL and ORACLE.
- Analytical, systematic thinking and methodical organization and good understanding of the SDLC models, process and documentation
- Possess good communication skills – written and spoken
- Knowledge of different programming language such as C#.net, XML Scripting and middleware tools such as IBM MQ will be an advantage
- Knowledge of External and Internal Fraud is a plus point.
- Experience working in a multinational environment and dealing with peers/stakeholders from different geographical locations is desirable
Apply on company website