About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- Accountable through regional and country Property teams to ensure all aspects of the Property function are well managed, well operated and provide safe and productive work environment for the group's staff and customers.
- Managing operating budget through geographic teams in the most effective and efficient manner in support of and aligned with the business strategy, through continually improving operating metrics relating to space use, costs and employee experience.
- Ensure supply partners, including NEWs, are effectively managed and continue to deliver service excellence and good value to the bank through an optimised operating and delivery model.
- Accountable for Property engagement model with country CEO and business leaders, to ensure the function has a deep understanding of strategic business needs and influence business outcomes beyond express needs.
- Direct engagement with country CEO and other key stakeholders on strategic property management themes, influencing outcomes in the bank's interests.
- Accountable for the Property geographic operating model and resourcing/budget decisions in this cluster. Lead the specific cluster and optimisation of country resources and specialisms (AM, PM, FM and others) applicable to the specific markets, working closely with Property subject matter expert centres of excellence.
- Develop, promote and deliver Country property strategies and strategic initiatives.
- Proactive engagements with business stakeholders and the supply partners to deepen partnership. Provide and influence with future-focused, affordable and robust Property solutions, e.g. H&S and Security.
- Lead and guide retained management organization (includes Supplier Managers, Contract Managers and Operational Risk Managers) to ensure service provider is delivering to the agreed service level agreements and performance standards.
- Manage annual country Property budgets including capital project budget. Agree Country budget with key stakeholders.
- Act as second line of assurance underpinning RCO's responsibilities and undertake Operational Risk Responsibilities as Property Risk Owner. Be responsible for ensuring that the residual risks are within the scope of responsibilities and managing the risk control remains within appetite.
- Represent Property in CNFRC meeting and chair monthly FRTM meeting.
- Lead assurance testing on the retained teams in country to provide evidence of compliance with the relevant group policies, procedures and standards.
- Lead and empower teams to ensure the country meets its respective agreed environmental targets.
- Leads definition and implementation of country training and development needs.
- Develop young talents as succession pipeline for “country” and “geography” function.
- Monitor compliance with and effectiveness of the risk control environment.
- Ensure at all times the operations are audit ready.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Apply on company website