About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure correct German regulatory reporting with special focus on accuracy when preparing reports
- Reporting issues and audit findings are tracked to conclusion as directed by Head of Regulatory Reporting GBS Germany
- Ensuring accuracy and control of data of primary supporting documentation used for reporting purposes.
- Ensuring adequate controls, documentation and audit trails are in place to meet reporting requirements
- Keeping process documentation regarding SC AG regulatory reporting processes up to date
- Readiness to keep knowledge of the above regulatory requirements up to date
- Submission of regulatory reporting to Bundesbank
- Other Finance activities in times without regulatory reporting
Responsibilities as process owner
- Manage overall design and outcome of the end-to-end process. Also owns the process output performance in terms of client service, financial performance and risk where appointed as Process Owners.
- Operate 1st line responsibilities of Process owners as outlined under Operational Risk Framework (ORF) and associated policies and procedures. Including, but not limited to the following:
- Identify, assess, treat and monitor significant operational risks
- Submit gross risk and residual risk ratings with rationales for approval by authorized Risk Owners
- Propose risk acceptance requests with justification to the authorized risk acceptance authority and abide by any conditions of acceptance
- Promptly execute any remediation or risk treatment actions in order to remain within risk tolerance
- Record and maintain a record of all formal risk assessment and risk acceptance decisions in the Operational Risk systems.
- Minimum 3 years experience in leading a team
- Minimum 5 years experience in Regulatory Reporting of a bank
- Solid knowledge of German regulatory reporting requirements (for example AWV reporting)
- High proficiency in MS-Office applications
- Excellent understanding of the German language (as most Bundesbank documentation is only in German)
- Broad knowledge of financial instruments (Derivatives, Export Finance, Securities, …)
- A fast/keen learner with the ability to learn a detailed process quickly.
- Results orientation and ability to multiple tasking, sticking to deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Independent approach to do their job to meet reporting requirements
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to tackle and track issues until resolution.
- Personal accountability to conduct all tasks on time and meeting statutory requirements
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Apply on company website