Job Summary and Mission This job contributes to Starbucks success by providing advanced, dedicated administrative support of a confidential and complex nature to one or more executives. Handles confidential and non-routine information. Exercises independent judgment and discretion in making decisions and carries out activities following general guidelines. Demonstrates the ability to perform effectively with limited direction. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Supports the executive and the department by representing the office of the executive with high customer service, professionalism, interpersonal savvy and efficiency.
- Actively engages with executive's direct report team to ensure alignment of priorities and open communication paths; attend direct report team meetings.
- Interacts with key stakeholders to address questions, problem solve. Documents feedback and develops a recommendation for appropriate course of action. Reports problems to executives when they cannot be resolved for attention.
- Schedules domestic and international travel in compliance with existing policies and procedures.
- Serves as a point of contact for the business unit or department. Answers questions, directs requests to appropriate partners and works with other partners effectively to exchange information. Hosts key stakeholders, as needed.
- Organizes, hosts and/or facilitates activities and events to continuously improve productivity, communications and morale.
- Coordinates and schedules team and department meetings, arranges for live and telepresence audiovisual equipment, sets-up meeting facilities and summarizes discussions.
- Works as a team member with other assistants to ensure consistency of operations and alignment with company goals and strategies.
- Provides support and resources to department hiring managers for new partner setup and immersion activities
- Serves as team player to administrative team within function
- Supports coffee education and engagement within the organization as a part of Starbucks core business
- Performs administrative activities, including researching, collecting and analyzing information to arrange reports and presentations; coordinating, tracking or analyzing budgets; researching information to respond to questions; updating databases and organizational charts; creating monthly reports or analyses; organizing large volumes of materials.
- Initiates special projects and process improvements based upon observations of department needs. Ensures that the projects achieve the expected results within the specified time frame and on budget.
- Oversees administrative policies within the organization and recommends changes, as appropriate.
- Works with facilities department in planning and organizing team space maintenance and facilities moves
- Advises department in internal products and services and awareness of and compliance with company policies and procedures. Takes initiative to provide training and coaching when appropriate
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- High School diploma/GED or 4 or more years of US military service
- 5 or more years of experience in a role performing administrative assistant or coordinator job functions
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Ability to apply global perspective with empathy for differing cultures and the diverse backgrounds of others
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and as a peer with a positive, growth mindset
- Demonstrates confidence, composure and professionalism
- Ability to actively-listen and communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and reprioritize as needed; follows through on commitments
- Aptitude for identifying potential for process improvements and leading change process
- Ability to deliver consistently high quality and professional customer service to both internal and external customers
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and independent decision making
- Demonstrates an aptitude for understanding the business, function and company priorities
- Knowledge of general office administration, procedures and equipment
- Ability to perform successfully in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- 7+ years of progressive administrative experience
- 7+ years providing support to executive level management - or equivalent
- 7+ years of project management
- 7+ years in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Apply on company website