Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by supervising day-to-day distribution operations to support defined people, quality, cost and service objectives. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Creates and sustains a cohesive, positive and clean work environment.
- Ensures effective and timely communication of company, plant and department information to managers, peers and own work team, including supervisors, leads and partners.
- Ensures partner development and satisfaction. Provides partners with timely performance feedback. Serves as a technical expert and coach for team members. Supports partners in presenting ideas for improving the efficiency and productivity of operations.
- Maintains effective housekeeping and sanitation programs to ensure compliance with Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), American Institute of Baking and company quality standards. Ensures the quality of orders shipped from the facility.
- Maintains partner training in accordance with company and governmental safety rules and standards.
- Monitors throughput, volume fluctuations and labor utilization to ensure smooth distribution operations. Ensures appropriate staffing to meet new business requirements and volume fluctuations. Ensures compliance with established safety programs.
- Operates within established budgets, forecasts, cost objectives and service levels to control expenses. Supports implementation of cost, quality and service improvement initiatives.
- Supports all established plant and distribution goals and objectives. Apprises manager of team progress and any obstacles.
Summary of Experience
- Distribution (5 years)
- Supervision (1 year)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Team-building skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to coach and mentor team partners
- Ability to provide technical leadership
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and follow established safety procedures
- Strong leadership skills
- Familiarity with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website